Open Position - AP Clerk
Luke's Local is an independently-owned grocery business that provides food from local family farms, butchers, ranchers, and food makers. Luke's sincerely sources great food made with integrity, and is passionate about making grocery shopping an inspiring experience for Bay Area communities. We operate a bustling brick and mortar market on Cole and Parnassus in the heart of Cole Valley, and have a second market opening in Cow Hollow in November of 2020! Luke’s offers a same-day grocery delivery and pick up service from both locations. As a company, we are constantly striving to create an environment that fosters equity, inclusion, and nourishment for our customers and team members alike. Our hope is to make it possible for anyone to bring the spirit of discovery, creativity, and joy into their kitchens. We hope you’ll join us.
About the Job
As the AP Clerk, you will assist the Financial Controller with data entry and record keeping relating to A/P. You will work between our Cole location and Union location (coming soon!) handling vendor invoices, scanning, and entering into our A/P software, Bill.com. You will also work with the Controller to ensure timely payments to vendors and budget accordingly to maintain accurate cash-flow forecasts. As time goes on, your scope of work will increase to include other clerical duties, as needed. We welcome both entry-level applicants as well as those with bookkeeping experience. A working knowledge of Bill.com, Google Docs (and/or Excel), and QBO is a bonus but not a requirement as we will teach on the job. Some experience with Data Entry work is preferred.
- Receive, review, and enter vendor invoices into Bill.com. This may include communicating with vendors or staff and management to track down missing invoices.
- Schedule vendor payments through Bill.com.
- Reconciling vendor statements with A/P records, including Bill.com and QBO.
- Maintain vendor accounts with Bill.com, including setup of new accounts in coordination with department heads
- Data entry to reports, including weekly/monthly transaction reports and company financial flash reports
- Assist in audit of margin, COGs, and sales numbers weekly/monthly
- Coordinating with department heads in auditing weekly/monthly transaction reports
- Assist in maintaining budget and cash flow forecast
- Assist with other clerical work, as needed:
- HR related
- Revel POS system - including Sales and Inventory reports
- Some experience with Data Entry work is preferred.
- A working knowledge of Bill.com, Google Docs (and/or Excel), and QBO is a bonus but not a requirement
- Excellent attention to detail and verbal/written communication skills
- B.A. or equivalent degree from an accredited university or college preferred, but not required
Benefits & Pay
Part-time training period to start (Approx. 10-25hr/wk for 2 months.). Potential for full-time (30+ hr/wk) thereafter. We believe in creating a positive work culture that is always giving back to our employees. That’s why our benefits package is more robust than most. 20% store discount, commuter benefits and staff meal. Competitive pay based on experience.