Open Position - Assistant Manager
About Luke’s Local
Luke's Local is an independently-owned grocery business that provides food from local family farms, butchers, ranchers, and food makers. Luke's sincerely sources great food made with integrity, and is passionate about making grocery shopping an inspiring experience for Bay Area communities. We operate a bustling brick and mortar market on Cole and Parnassus in the heart of Cole Valley, and a second market in Cow Hollow that opened in November of 2020! Luke’s offers a same-day grocery delivery and pick up service from both locations. As a company, we are constantly striving to create an environment that fosters equity, inclusion, and nourishment for our customers and team members alike. Our hope is to make it possible for anyone to bring the spirit of discovery, creativity, and joy into their kitchens. We hope you’ll join us.
About the Job
As Assistant Manager, you and the Store Manager will be responsible for managing all store operations. Your job will consist of having your hand in all aspects of store operations from buying to barista/deli support to cashiering to scheduling and team leadership.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Manage time off requests and schedule changes
- Distributing work evenly among all staff
- Oversee excellent customer service
- Training staff
- Maintaining a positive environment for all staff. Always fair treatment
- Manage accurate tracking and reporting of waste
- Keeping a clean and consolidated walk-in and pantry
- Ensure everything is labeled correctly for customers as well as to stay within health code regulations
- Ensure food safety standards are being met at all times
- Audit cleaning service to ensure scope is being covered
- Manage deep clean schedules for staff
- High standard of cleanliness
- Excellent customer service
- Good communication skills
- Friendly, team-player
- Good work ethic
- Office and sales floor of retail grocery stores
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
- Must be able to spend 6-8 hours per day on your feet
Required education and experience
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience
Preferred education and experience
- Experience with retail, preferably grocery
- Experience with food preparation, service, and safety
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.