Open Position - Floor Supervisor
Luke's Local is an independently-owned grocery business that delivers food from local family farms, butchers, ranchers, and food makers. Luke's sincerely sources great food made with integrity, and is passionate about making grocery shopping a convenient and enjoyable experience for Bay Area communities. We offer in person grocery shopping at our neighborhood market on Cole and Parnassus in the heart of Cole Valley - SF and same day delivery anywhere in SF. We believe customers want the flexibility of having the human connection that comes with a person grocery shopping as well as the convenience of delivery to fit their busy lifestyle.
You are enthusiastic about local food, are a strong communicator, are excellent with customers, and have an attention to detail. You have food and retail experience (not a must) and can thoughtfully guide our customers through the many delicious options in our store. You are passionate about our mission and want to be a part of growing this business.
About the Job
We’re building our management team at Luke’s Local as we prepare for a second grocery store opening in San Francisco. As Floor Supervisor, you will be part of a team of supervisors who manage the Cole Valley location; however this role will eventually transition to Assistant Store Manager of our new San Francisco location when it opens. Your job will consist of having your hand in all aspects of store operations from buying to barista/deli support to cashiering to scheduling and team leadership. This is an opportunity to join a growing team at a very exciting time!
- Manage time off requests and schedule changes
- Distributing work evenly among all staff
- Oversee excellent customer service
- Training staff
- Maintaining a positive environment for all staff. Always fair treatment
- Manage accurate tracking and reporting of waste
- Keeping a clean and consolidated walk-in and pantry
- Ensure everything is labeled correctly for customers as well as to stay within health code regulations
- Ensure food safety standards are being met at all times
- Audit cleaning service to ensure scope is being covered
- Manage deep clean schedules for staff
- Buying based on beliefs
- Assisting Grocery Supervisor in purchasing of specialty cheese, wine, HABA, Home
- High standard of cleanliness
- Excellent customer service
- Good communication skills
- Friendly, team-player
- Good work ethic
Benefits & Pay
Full time. We believe in creating a positive work culture that is always giving back to our employees. That’s why our benefits package is more robust than most. Two weeks paid vacation, 20% store discount, health, vision, and dental, commuter benefits and staff meal. Competitive pay based on experience.