Open Position - Associate Produce Buyer
Luke's Local is an independently-owned grocery business that provides food from local family farms, butchers, ranchers, and food makers. Luke's sincerely sources great food made with integrity, and is passionate about making grocery shopping an inspiring experience for Bay Area communities. We operate a bustling brick and mortar market on Cole and Parnassus in the heart of Cole Valley, and have a second market opening in Cow Hollow in November of 2020! Luke’s offers a same-day grocery delivery and pick up service from both locations. As a company, we are constantly striving to create an environment that fosters equity, inclusion, and nourishment for our customers and team members alike. Our hope is to make it possible for anyone to bring the spirit of discovery, creativity, and joy into their kitchens. We hope you’ll join us.
About the Job
As the Associate Produce Buyer, help the Produce Buyer in daily department duties. Ensures a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes, rotating and removing out-of-date products.
- Collaborate with the Produce Buyer to assist in the regular weekly buying
- Assist with PO creation inventory, receiving, distribution, and overall management of the Produce Department
- Assist Produce Buyer in organizing, displaying and the upkeep of merchandised produce displays
- Ensure accuracy of signs and pricing
- Assist Produce Buyer in managing produce stocker team
- Scheduling, training and stocking guides, product education
- Monitor and prevent spoilage; regularly communicate waste to buyer/team and log in Revel.
- Assist with monthly and periodic inventory checks
- Provide excellent customer service, addressing needs of customers in a timely and effective manner
- Maximize sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising products
- Follow and comply, or ensure compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices
- Maintain, or ensure maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintain equipment in accordance with cleanliness and safety standards
- Perform opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned
Benefits & Pay
Full time. We believe in creating a positive work culture that is always giving back to our employees. That’s why our benefits package is more robust than most. One week paid vacation, 20% store discount, health, vision, and dental, commuter benefits and staff meal. Competitive pay based on experience.