Open Position - AP Clerk
About Luke’s Local
Luke's Local is an independently-owned grocery business that provides food from local family farms, butchers, ranchers, and food makers. Luke's sincerely sources great food made with integrity, and is passionate about making grocery shopping an inspiring experience for Bay Area communities. We operate a bustling brick and mortar market on Cole and Parnassus in the heart of Cole Valley, and a second market in Cow Hollow that opened in November of 2020! Luke’s offers a same-day grocery delivery and pick up service from both locations. As a company, we are constantly striving to create an environment that fosters equity, inclusion, and nourishment for our customers and team members alike. Our hope is to make it possible for anyone to bring the spirit of discovery, creativity, and joy into their kitchens. We hope you’ll join us.
About the Job
As the A/P Clerk, you will assist our Financial Controller with data entry and record keeping relating to accounts payable. You will alternate between our Cole location and Union location handling vendor invoices, scanning, and entering into our A/P software, Bill.com. You will also work with the Controller to ensure timely payments to vendors and budget accordingly to maintain accurate cash-flow forecasts. As time goes on, your scope of work will increase to include other clerical duties, as needed. We welcome both entry-level applicants as well as those with bookkeeping & A/P experience. A working knowledge of Bill.com, Google Docs (and/or Excel), and QBO is a bonus but not a requirement as we will teach on the job. Some experience with Data Entry work is preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Receive, review, and enter vendor invoices into Bill.com. This may include communicating with vendors or staff and management to track down missing invoices.
- Schedule vendor payments through Bill.com.
- Reconciling vendor statements with A/P records, including Bill.com and QBO.
- Maintain vendor accounts with Bill.com, including setup of new accounts in coordination with department heads
- Data entry to reports, including weekly/monthly transaction reports and company financial flash reports
- Assist in audit of margin, COGs, and sales numbers weekly/monthly
- Coordinating with department heads in auditing weekly/monthly transaction reports
- Assist in maintaining budget and cash flow forecast
- Assist with other clerical work, as needed:
- HR related
- Revel POS system - including Sales and Inventory reports
- Excellent attention to detail
- Fantastic verbal/written communication skills
- Friendly, team-player
- Good work ethic
- Office of retail grocery stores
Preferred education and experience
- Some experience with Data Entry work is preferred.
- A working knowledge of Bill.com, Google Docs (and/or Excel), and QBO is a bonus but not a requirement
- B.A. or equivalent degree from an accredited university or college preferred, but not required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
$20-23/hour. Part-time training period to start (Approx. 10-25hr/wk for ~6 wks based on experience and training progress. Full-time (30+ hr/wk) thereafter. We believe in creating a positive work culture that is always giving back to our employees. That’s why our benefits package is more robust than most.
Employer subsidized group health, dental, & vision insurance (Kaiser HMO and Blue Shield PPO offerings), HSA offered, 401k plan offered, earn 2 weeks PTO
Fringe benefits include: 20% store discount, commuter benefits and staff meal.