Open Position - AP Clerk/ Receiver
About Luke’s Local
Luke's Local is an independently-owned grocery business that provides food from local family farms, butchers, ranchers, and food makers. Luke's sincerely sources great food made with integrity, and is passionate about making grocery shopping an inspiring experience for Bay Area communities. We operate a bustling brick and mortar market on Cole and Parnassus in the heart of Cole Valley, and a second market in Cow Hollow that opened in November of 2020! Luke’s also offers a same-day grocery delivery and pick up service.. As a company, we are constantly striving to create an environment that fosters equity, inclusion, and nourishment for our customers and team members alike. Our hope is to make it possible for anyone to bring the spirit of discovery, creativity, and joy into their kitchens. We hope you’ll join us.
About the Job
As the AP Clerk/Receiver, you will primarily be engaged in Accounts Payable data management, product receiving and inventory management, and auditing and reporting of data. You will work directly with the Controller, AP Supervisor, and AP clerks. You will begin the role working between our forthcoming North Beach and Cow Hollow locations for AP data entry. After the North Beach store has opened, you will move to work in a primary location for AP data entry and receiving. We welcome both entry-level applicants as well as those with Accounts Payable and/or Data Entry experience. A working knowledge of Bill.com, Google Suite, including Sheets (and/or Excel), and Revel POS is a bonus but not a requirement as you can learn on the job. Experience with Accounts Payable and Data Entry work is preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Collect, review, and enter vendor invoices into Bill.com, including communicating and coordinating with vendors, staff, and management to collect all invoices
- Schedule and manage vendor payments through Bill.com
- Occasional setup and management of new vendor accounts in bill.com in coordination with AP Specialist
- Reporting in coordination with AP Supervisor
- Assist AP Supervisor, as needed
- Strong communicator
- Excellent customer service
- Attention to detail
- Creative thinker
- Eagerness to learn
- Office and sales floor of retail grocery stores
- Cow Hollow
- North Beach
- Cole Valley
Preferred education and experience
- Experience with Data Entry work is preferred
- Experience with inventory and data management
- Working knowledge of Google Suite, including Sheets (and/or Excel), Bill.com, and Revel POS is a bonus but not a requirement
- B.A. or equivalent degree from an accredited university or college preferred, but not required
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Must be 18 years or older
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Luke’s Local requires all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. All new hires will be required to be vaccinated [1st dose] prior to their first day of scheduled work OR must request an accommodation under medical or religious exemptions.
Non Exempt-Hourly, Full time
- Medical insurance, with employer contribution of up to 100%
- Dental insurance, with 70% employer contribution
- Vision insurance, with 50% employer contribution
- Paid sick leave
- Paid vacation - up to 2 weeks per year
- Paid volunteer days
- Pre-tax 401k savings account
- Storewide employee discount of 20%
- Daily staff meal
- Pre-tax commuter benefits savings account
- Regular review & raise cycles
- Professional development and mentorship program
Interested? Apply here.