Open Position - Associate Grocery Buyer
About Luke’s Local
Luke's Local is an independently-owned grocery business that provides food from local family farms, butchers, ranchers, and food makers. Luke's sincerely sources great food made with integrity, and is passionate about making grocery shopping an inspiring experience for Bay Area communities. We operate a bustling brick and mortar market on Cole and Parnassus in the heart of Cole Valley, and a second market in Cow Hollow that opened in November of 2020! Luke’s offers a same-day grocery delivery and pick up service from both locations. As a company, we are constantly striving to create an environment that fosters equity, inclusion, and nourishment for our customers and team members alike. Our hope is to make it possible for anyone to bring the spirit of discovery, creativity, and joy into their kitchens. We hope you’ll join us.
About the Job
As the Associate Grocery Buyer, help the Grocery Buyer in daily department duties. Ensures an appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes, rotating and removing out-of-date products.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Collaborate with the Grocery Buyer to assist in the regular weekly buying
- Assist with PO creation inventory, receiving, distribution, and overall management of the Grocery Department
- Assist Grocery Buyer in organizing, displaying and the upkeep of merchandised product displays
- Ensure accuracy of signs and pricing
- Assist Grocery Buyer in managing the Grocery team
- Monitors non-shelf stable products and prevents spoilage, regularly communicates waste to buyer/team and log in Revel
- Assists with monthly and weekly inventory checks
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising products
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with cleanliness and safety standards
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned
- Strong communicator
- Friendly, team-player
- Good work ethic
- Office and sales floor of retail grocery stores
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
- Must be able to spend 4-8 hours per day on your feet
Required education and experience
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience
Preferred education and experience
- Experience with retail, preferably grocery
- Experience with food preparation, service, and safety
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Luke’s Local requires all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. All new hires will be required to be vaccinated [1st dose] prior to their first day of scheduled work OR must request an accommodation under medical or religious exemptions.