Open Position - Barista
Luke's Local is an independently-owned grocery business that provides food from local family farms, butchers, ranchers, and food makers. Luke's sincerely sources great food made with integrity, and is passionate about making grocery shopping an inspiring experience for Bay Area communities. We operate a bustling brick and mortar market on Cole and Parnassus in the heart of Cole Valley, and a second market in Cow Hollow that opened in November of 2020! Luke’s offers a same-day grocery delivery and pick up service from both locations. As a company, we are constantly striving to create an environment that fosters equity, inclusion, and nourishment for our customers and team members alike. Our hope is to make it possible for anyone to bring the spirit of discovery, creativity, and joy into their kitchens. We hope you’ll join us.
About The Job
As a Barista, you will be a member of the Deli Line team of Luke’s Local. You are responsible for providing excellent customer service, preparing and serving coffee and espresso drinks, breakfast items, and sandwiches to our customers. We encourage a team mentality at Luke’s and as such all deli staff often assist each other based on the demands of the day. Having a positive attitude and team mentality is a must. Barista Experience is highly preferred. Sightglass training will be also be provided.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Preparing and closing down the coffee kiosk window for the day's service
- Setting and maintaining the coffee & deli area
- Serving coffee and espresso drinks
- Preparing and serving breakfast items and deli sandwiches
- Providing excellent and knowledgeable customer experience
- Knowledge and implementation of safe food handling procedures
- Assist in unloading and stocking merchandise for the Deli/Butcher team
- Strong communicator
- Excellent customer service
- Attention to detail
- Ability to safely prepare and serve food of high quality
- Sales floor & service line of retail grocery stores
- Must be able to spend 6-8 hours per day on your feet
Preferred Education & Experience
- Experience with retail, preferably grocery
- Experience with food preparation, service, and safety
- Experience with customer service
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Luke’s Local requires all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. All new hires will be required to be vaccinated [1st dose] prior to their first day of scheduled work OR must request an accommodation under medical or religious exemptions.