Open Position - Cashier
About Luke’s Local
Luke's Local is an independently-owned grocery business that provides food from local family farms, butchers, ranchers, and food makers. Luke's sincerely sources great food made with integrity, and is passionate about making grocery shopping an inspiring experience for Bay Area communities. We operate a bustling brick and mortar market on Cole and Parnassus in the heart of Cole Valley, and a second market in Cow Hollow that opened in November of 2020! Luke’s offers a same-day grocery delivery and pick up service from both locations. As a company, we are constantly striving to create an environment that fosters equity, inclusion, and nourishment for our customers and team members alike. Our hope is to make it possible for anyone to bring the spirit of discovery, creativity, and joy into their kitchens. We hope you’ll join us.
About the Job
As a cashier you are the first and last person customers interact with in the store, so a positive attitude is a must. You will be working with the team to open or close the store in an orderly, clean and efficient manner. Additionally, you will be expected to memorize produce and products and be able to communicate your knowledge to the guest or co-workers and stock products when needed. Must be able to work mornings and weekends.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Act as the face of the company, delivering excellent hospitality and service to all customers
- Ensure the customer’s checkout experience is friendly and efficient
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of store according to Company protocols
- Maintaining front bakery/produce table
- Facing and stocking all areas of grocery (including dairy)
- Assisting in facing and stocking beer, wine, and spirits when needed
- Setting up and taking down perishable produce at the start and finish of each day
- Strong communicator
- Excellent customer service
- Attention to detail
- Sales floor of retail grocery stores
- Must be able to spend 6-8 hours per day on your feet
Preferred education and experience
- Experience with retail, preferably grocery
- Experience with food preparation, service, and safety
- Experience with customer service
Additional eligibility requirements
- Must be 18 years or older
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Luke’s Local requires all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. All new hires will be required to be vaccinated [1st dose] prior to their first day of scheduled work OR must request an accommodation under medical or religious exemptions.