Open Position - Digital Product Manager
About Luke’s Local
Luke's Local is an independently-owned grocery business that provides food from local family farms, butchers, ranchers, and food makers. Luke's sincerely sources great food made with integrity, and is passionate about making grocery shopping an inspiring experience for Bay Area communities. We operate a bustling brick and mortar market on Cole and Parnassus in the heart of Cole Valley, and a second market in Cow Hollow that opened in November of 2020! Luke’s offers a same-day grocery delivery and pick up service from both locations. As a company, we are constantly striving to create an environment that fosters equity, inclusion, and nourishment for our customers and team members alike. Our hope is to make it possible for anyone to bring the spirit of discovery, creativity, and joy into their kitchens. We hope you’ll join us.
About the Job
The Digital Product Manager reports directly to the COO. They are responsible for owning the overall vision and development roadmaps for all Luke’s Local digital products - including our Same-Day delivery & pick-up app and website and experiences, as well as internal digital products. This role also works closely with our Lead Developer, Store Managers, and other internal stakeholders to define solutions to existing customer and internal problems. This is a 6 month temporary role that could turn into a permanent position based on significant revenue growth in Ecommerce delivery/pick-up service.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Own and refine the vision of all current and future Luke’s Local digital products and experiences, from design, to testing, to development, to launch and implementation
- Use an effective methodology to define, document, and test priorities and roadmaps
- Effectively manage product roadmaps and development
- Maintain product backlog and prioritize product development based on product strategy, and research with both customers and internal stakeholders
- Manage the development team
- Continuously review the business needs, refine priorities, outline milestones and deliverables, and identify opportunities and risks
- Identify and refine customer needs and strategy for all digital products
- Help define, execute, and drive design concepts based on business specifications and stakeholder needs
- Ensure the implementation/delivery of digital products and services is successful with measurable results
- Compile weekly reporting on ecommerce operations’ performance and product mix and share business performance with key stakeholders.
- Stay up to date with current ecommerce & industry best practices and emerging, relevant technologies
- Identify new areas of ecommerce opportunity beyond current organizational thinking
- Work with Buying team and Marketing & Content Lead to merchandise mobile app and website based on analytical insights, brand marketing initiatives, and ecommerce-specific drivers.
- Other projects and responsibilities
- Comfortable being a bridge between technology, design, and stakeholders - especially regarding complex ideas and technology
- Comfortable integrating with third party services
- Experienced in managing product design, development, deployment to users, implementing analytics
- Experienced and comfortable with mocking up product and feature designs; even better if the experience is with Figma!
- Working with and managing a product team - engineering, design, other stakeholders
- Have a great understanding of what mobile and web applications engaging and delightful
- Oversee the Same-Day Ops Lead’s regular maintenance and updates of our mobile app and website content, including product photography, descriptions, and updates
- Work closely with Store Managers to ensure successful end-to-end operations of the delivery & pick-up service
- Office and sales floor of retail grocery stores
Required education and experience
- Minimum 3 years of product management experience
Preferred education and experience
- Experience with retail, preferably grocery
- Experience with logistics and operations, preferably in food delivery
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Luke’s Local requires all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. All new hires will be required to be vaccinated [1st dose] prior to their first day of scheduled work OR must request an accommodation under medical or religious exemptions.
Based on Experience