Open Position - Grocery Clerk
About Luke’s Local
Luke's Local is an independently-owned grocery business that provides food from local family farms, butchers, ranchers, and food makers. Luke's sincerely sources great food made with integrity, and is passionate about making grocery shopping an inspiring experience for Bay Area communities. We operate two vibrant brick and mortar markets - one on Cole and Parnassus in the heart of Cole Valley, and a second in Cow Hollow on Union St. We are thrilled to be opening our third store in North Beach in early March, 2023! Luke’s offers a same-day grocery delivery and pick up service from both locations. As a company, we are constantly striving to create an environment that fosters equity, inclusion, and nourishment for our customers and team members alike. Our hope is to make it possible for anyone to bring the spirit of discovery, creativity, and joy into their kitchens. We hope you’ll join us.
About the Job
As a Grocery Clerk, you are responsible for stocking incoming and backstock product on our shelves. You will be in charge of maintaining a clean and orderly space, organizing shelves out on the floor, in the walk-in, and in the back rooms. Having a positive attitude, team mentality, and an eagerness to learn is a must. This role offers a lot of room for growth and leadership opportunities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Stock incoming and backstock product on our shelves
- Maintain clean and orderly space on the floor, in the walk-in, and in the back rooms according to Company protocols
- Maintaining front bakery/produce table
- Facing and stocking all areas of grocery (including dairy)
- Assisting in facing and stocking beer, wine, and spirits when needed
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Strong communicator
- Creative thinker
- Excellent customer service
- Attention to detail
- Sales floor of retail grocery stores
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
- Must be able to spend 6-8 hours per day on your feet
- Stooping, bending, lifting, standing for long periods of time, stretching, twisting, reaching, repetitive stocking motions.
- Stocking of shelves and merchandising displays
- Handling of refrigerated product in a cold environment for extended periods of time.
Preferred education and experience
- Experience with retail, preferably grocery
- Experience with food preparation, service, and safety
- Experience with customer service
Additional eligibility requirements
- Must be 18 years or older
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Luke’s Local requires all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. All new hires will be required to be vaccinated [1st dose] prior to their first day of scheduled work OR must request an accommodation under medical or religious exemptions.
- Medical insurance, with employer contribution of up to 100%
- Dental insurance, with 70% employer contribution
- Vision insurance, with 50% employer contribution
- Paid sick leave
- Paid vacation - up to 2 weeks per year
- Paid volunteer days
- Pre-tax 401k savings account
- Storewide employee discount of 20%
- Daily staff meal
- Pre-tax commuter benefits savings account
- Regular review & raise cycles
- Professional development and mentorship program