Open Position - Produce Clerk
About Luke’s Local
Luke's Local is an independently-owned grocery business that provides food from local family farms, butchers, ranchers, and food makers. Luke's sincerely sources great food made with integrity, and is passionate about making grocery shopping an inspiring experience for Bay Area communities. We operate a bustling brick and mortar market on Cole and Parnassus in the heart of Cole Valley, and a second market in Cow Hollow that opened in November of 2020! Luke’s offers a same-day grocery delivery and pick up service from both locations. As a company, we are constantly striving to create an environment that fosters equity, inclusion, and nourishment for our customers and team members alike. Our hope is to make it possible for anyone to bring the spirit of discovery, creativity, and joy into their kitchens. We hope you’ll join us.
About the Job
Our Produce department is 100% Organic. We work with many local farms and distributors to provide the freshest, highest quality seasonal flowers, fruits and veggies. Members of the Produce staff should have a broad knowledge of our offerings and work hard to maintain high quality displays. The Produce team maintains open and constructive communication with the Produce Supervisor and their teammates.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Set up and stock displays before the store is open
- Maintain stock and keep displays attractive during business hours
- Cull/waste bad product
- Process/sort daily deliveries
- Prep certain items for storage
- Maintain clean and orderly space on the floor, in the walk-in, and in the back rooms according to Company protocols
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Strong communicator
- Excellent customer service
- Attention to detail
- Sales floor of retail grocery stores
- Must be able to spend 6-8 hours per day on your feet
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Stooping, bending, lifting, standing for long periods of time, stretching, twisting, reaching, repetitive stocking motions, repetitive food prep motions.
- Stocking of shelves and merchandising displays
- Handling of refrigerated product in a cold environment for extended periods of time.
Preferred education and experience
- Experience with retail, preferably grocery
- Experience with food preparation, service, and safety
- Experience with customer service
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Luke’s Local requires all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. All new hires will be required to be vaccinated [1st dose] prior to their first day of scheduled work OR must request an accommodation under medical or religious exemptions.
- Medical insurance, with employer contribution of up to 100%
- Dental insurance, with 70% employer contribution
- Vision insurance, with 50% employer contribution
- Paid sick leave
- Paid vacation - up to 2 weeks per year
- Paid volunteer days
- Pre-tax 401k savings account
- Storewide employee discount of 20%
- Daily staff meal
- Pre-tax commuter benefits savings account
- Regular review & raise cycles
- Professional development and mentorship program