Open Position - Produce Stocker
About Luke’s Local
Luke's Local is an independently-owned grocery business that provides food from local family farms, butchers, ranchers, and food makers. Luke's sincerely sources great food made with integrity, and is passionate about making grocery shopping an inspiring experience for Bay Area communities. We operate a bustling brick and mortar market on Cole and Parnassus in the heart of Cole Valley, and a second market in Cow Hollow that opened in November of 2020! Luke’s offers a same-day grocery delivery and pick up service from both locations. As a company, we are constantly striving to create an environment that fosters equity, inclusion, and nourishment for our customers and team members alike. Our hope is to make it possible for anyone to bring the spirit of discovery, creativity, and joy into their kitchens. We hope you’ll join us.
About the Job
Our Produce department is 100% Organic. We work with many local farms and distributors to provide the freshest, highest quality seasonal flowers, fruits and veggies. Members of the Produce staff should have a broad knowledge of our offerings and work hard to maintain high quality displays. The Produce team maintains open and constructive communication with the Produce Supervisor and their teammates.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Set up and stock displays before the store is open
- Maintain stock and keep displays attractive during business hours
- Cull/waste bad product
- Process/sort daily deliveries
- Prep certain items for storage
- Maintain clean and orderly space on the floor, in the walk-in, and in the back rooms according to Company protocols
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Strong communicator
- Excellent customer service
- Attention to detail
- Sales floor of retail grocery stores
- Must be able to spend 6-8 hours per day on your feet
Preferred education and experience
- Experience with retail, preferably grocery
- Experience with food preparation, service, and safety
- Experience with customer service
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.