Open Position - Same-Day Operations Lead
About Luke’s Local
Luke's Local is an independently-owned grocery business that provides food from local family farms, butchers, ranchers, and food makers. Luke's sincerely sources great food made with integrity, and is passionate about making grocery shopping an inspiring experience for Bay Area communities. We operate a bustling brick and mortar market on Cole and Parnassus in the heart of Cole Valley, and a second market in Cow Hollow that opened in November of 2020! Luke’s also offers a same-day grocery delivery and pick up service. As a company, we are constantly striving to create an environment that fosters equity, inclusion, and nourishment for our customers and team members alike. Our hope is to make it possible for anyone to bring the spirit of discovery, creativity, and joy into their kitchens. We hope you’ll join us.
About the Job
The Same-Day Operations Lead reports directly to the Ecommerce Manager and is responsible for overseeing the logistics, customer service, and all user-facing app content for our Same-Day Grocery delivery and pick-up service. They are responsible for providing a superior customer experience to all Luke’s Local customers by providing stellar customer service and ensuring the accuracy and quality of physical grocery orders and corresponding data.
They will collaborate with the Ecommerce Manager to handle the coordination of all Same-Day operations and customer service. This role is responsible for providing customer service through email and phone for Same-Day customers. They will also oversee order logistics, ensuring the accurate and timely packing of all delivery and pick-up orders. They will be responsible for updating and maintaining user-facing house-made and vendor inventory data, including completing Stocktakes and adjusting inventory numbers in Revel POS.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Oversee all delivery and pick-up orders placed through the app and ensure orders are packed efficiently and at a high accuracy rate (10% error rate with a further long-term goal of 5% error rate)
- Carry out Luke’s Local customer service standards across various platforms (Zendesk, email, phone) to constantly improve Luke’s Local customers’ experiences
- Coordinate logistics with delivery drivers for on-time and accurate delivery of grocery app orders around San Francisco (Use WorkWave, Vixen Order Manager, etc.)
- Update and inform customers on out of stock items or delivery delays
User-facing App Data & Content Management
- Maintain and update user-facing product information as necessary (in accordance with new menus, changes, etc.) on the Luke’s Local app
- Update user-facing product information for new vendor products on the Luke’s Local app for a healthy product mix
- Product photography and image editing for all house-made and vendor products
- Adjust inventory to reflect accurate availability of products on the grocery app
- Audit the Luke’s Local grocery app and make minor adjustments to maintain accuracy of available products and relevant information
- Ensure the Luke’s Local brand is positively and accurately represented to our customers and the general public
- Strong communicator
- Excellent customer service
- Attention to detail
- Office & sales floor of retail grocery stores
Required education and experience
- Proficiency with Google Sheets and Docs
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
Preferred education and experience
- Experience with inventory and data management
- Experience in customer service
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Luke’s Local requires all new hires to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. All new hires will be required to be vaccinated [1st dose] prior to their first day of scheduled work OR must request an accommodation under medical or religious exemptions.